Terms and Conditions for Use for Online Account Management
- By signing up to and using the online account management service (the ‘Online Service’) as provided by Anglian Water Services Limited (‘Anglian Water’) you (the user) agree to accept and abide by the terms and conditions set out below. These terms and conditions, as updated from time to time, apply only to the use of the Online Service.
- Before proceeding, please read these terms and conditions carefully. If you find yourself unable to agree to them in full, you should not complete the registration process, and if you are already using the Online Service you should stop and contact us to de-register using the procedure set out below.
The Online Service
- By registering for the Online Service you are authorising Anglian Water to carry out all the instructions you give to us through the Online Service. Unless you tell Anglian Water otherwise, you accept that you, and anyone else liable for our charges, will no longer receive a paper copy of your bill and that electronic correspondence and bill notifications will be sent direct to the email address that you register with.
- All debt recovery and legal documents will continue to be sent by post in paper copy to your designated billing address.
- Anglian Water reserves the right to modify or discontinue (permanently or temporarily) the Online Service in respect of you and / or all users at our discretion, at any time, with or without prior notice.
- After you have registered for the Online Service Anglian Water will endeavour to send email notifications to you when new bills are available for you to view online, however you should not rely on these exclusively. It is your responsibility to check your online account regularly and to ensure that payment of bills is made on time.
- You agree that you are responsible for ensuring that your computer or device is suitable to access the Online Service. You should also take all reasonable precautions to ensure that your computer or device is safe to use on the internet and that you maintain an up to date version of antivirus software or anti-malware.
- To use the Online Service you must either be the person or one of the people named on the relevant account or you must be an authorised representative of the account holder. Where you are administering an account on someone else’s behalf, you must provide evidence of your authorisation (either by letter or by phone) to Anglian Water before registering that account for the Online Service
- By requesting bills or other communications to be delivered to you using the Online Service, you confirm that you are entitled to receive such information on behalf of all account holders and you have received their consent to do so. By registering for the Online Service, you are doing so on behalf of all those who are liable for our charges in respect of that account, and we have no obligation to provide any correspondence or copies of any documents relating to that account to any other person either in hard copy or electronically.
Email Address and Password
- In order to register, you must have and maintain a valid email account and provide us with the accurate and valid email address for that account.
- You can only get into your online account if you log on with your email address and password. If those details are entered incorrectly on 3 occasions Anglian Water will block your account. To get back in to the system, you will need to select “Forgot Password” on the login screen, answer the security questions and follow the re-set instructions.
- You must keep your password to yourself. Do not share it with anyone, including our customer service advisors, and never write it down.
- If you think someone might know your password, change it straight away online. Anglian Water accepts no responsibility or liability in the event that your password is used by anyone else to access your account (including any joint account holders), or in the event that your correspondence is read by anyone else.
- You must provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself when registering for the Online Service. You must maintain and update this information (including the accuracy and validity of the email address that you have provided) to ensure that it remains true, accurate, current and complete at all times. If any information provided by you is not true, accurate, current and complete, Anglian Water has the right to cancel any and all current or future use of the Online Service by you.
- You will be liable for any bills for which a notification has been sent to your email address. If the notification is not received in your inbox because it has been blocked by your firewall or spam filter or your email address has been closed or is otherwise not operational, to prove that we sent a notification to you it shall be sufficient for us to show that it was dispatched by email to the email address registered on your account.
Record and Transaction Terms
- Anglian Water’s records, unless shown to be incorrect, will be evidence of your dealings with us in connection with the Online Service. You agree not to object to the admission of our records as evidence in any legal proceedings for reasons including that records are not originals, are not in writing or are documents produced by a computer.
- Any instructions you give via the Online Service are subject to acceptance and confirmation by us: you must not believe or assume they have been accepted until we confirm this in writing.
If we need to contact you
- Anglian Water will generally use the email address you have registered as the primary means of contact with you, but we may also contact you via other means if it is appropriate to do so.
- Anglian Water may also use the details you have provided to communicate with you by e-mail, text messages (SMS), telephone or by post in order to deal with or notify you about issues relating to your water or sewerage services (e.g. water supply interruptions; works on our networks or operational incidents) and your use of the Online Service.
What we do with your information
- You acknowledge and agree that all content and information, presented to you by Anglian Water through the Online Service is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, or other proprietary rights and laws which we or our licensors own.
- You acknowledge and agree that you are permitted to use this material and information solely to enable you to use the Online Service for your personal use. You agree that you may not copy, reproduce, transmit, sell, distribute, or create derivative works of such content or information without Anglian Water’s express prior written authorisation.
Disclaimer of Warranty and Liability
- Anglian Water gives no express or implied warranty or representation whatsoever as to the operation, availability or functionality of the Online Service or that the service will be free from error or disruption.
- Anglian Water will make every effort to process your requests to activate new online accounts and deliver each bill notification promptly. However, delays can sometimes occur due to technical problems or matters outside of our control. If this occurs we will work to restore the service as soon as possible.
- Anglian Water will endeavour to maintain an active service however the Online Service will be unavailable occasionally for essential maintenance and/or updates and we cannot guarantee uninterrupted access and service. We will provide notice to you regarding any significant suspension or permanent discontinuance of the Online Service where the circumstances reasonably allow.
To the extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage, loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; loss of income or revenue; wasted management or office time; incurred by any user arising from or in connection with (a) the provision of the Online Service or (b) the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Online Service and any materials posted on it, and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
- To the extent that Anglian Water has any liability to you under these terms and conditions, our liability to you shall be limited in respect of any one incident or a series of two or more connected incidents to an amount not exceeding your water and water recycling service for the 12 months immediately prior to the date upon which you notified us of any claim in respect of the use of this Online Service.
- Clause 9 does not affect Anglian Water’s liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence, nor its liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- In the event of any claim against Anglian Water by a third party resulting from your use of the Online Service, you will be responsible for all of our losses, damages and reasonable costs and expenses.
- Except as expressly stated, nothing in these terms and conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to the manner in which Anglian Water performs this agreement.
- You acknowledge that communication by email is insecure. By using the Online Service, you accept the risk of email between us and you being intercepted by unauthorised third parties. If so intercepted and, in the case of email sent by us, provided we have addressed it to your email address as notified to us, Anglian Water will not be considered to be in breach of confidence or in breach of any other duty or other legal requirement.
- Anglian Water shall not be liable to you for any loss, expense or damage incurred or suffered by you in connection with such interception unless due to our deliberate fault or negligence.
Changes to our Terms and Conditions
- Anglian Water expressly reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions from time to time by posting new terms and conditions within the Online Service. We will make the latest version of our terms and conditions available for you to read at all times. Your continued use of the Online Service will be deemed an acceptance of the terms and conditions existing at the time.
- Without prejudice to any remedy that Anglian Water may have against you, we may terminate or suspend with immediate effect and without notice your access to and use of the Online Service to administer your account, if we:
- reasonably believe that you have breached any of these terms and conditions, or
- are unable to verify the accuracy or validity of any information provided by you; or
- suspect fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity by you.
- Should you object to any of these terms and conditions, or any subsequent changes to them, or become dissatisfied with the Online Service in any way, your only recourse is to immediately discontinue to access or use the Online Service.
- Whilst Anglian Water will try to provide you with uninterrupted access to the Online Service, we may need to withdraw, modify, discontinue or temporarily or permanently suspend one or more aspects of the Online Service where we have a legal, technical or other good reason to do so (including technical difficulties experienced by us or on the internet).
- If Anglian Water fails to exercise or enforce a right under these terms and conditions, that failure shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, that provision shall be deemed severed and the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected. The parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision.
- These terms and conditions, and any non-contractual rights and obligations arising in connection with them, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. Both parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- Neither party shall be liable for any breach of these terms and conditions due to any cause beyond its reasonable control.
- These terms and conditions set out our entire agreement and understanding with respect to the subject matter of these terms and conditions and supersedes all representations, communications and prior agreements (written or oral).
- Unless expressly provided in these terms and conditions no term is enforceable pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any person who is not a party to it.
- Your liability for water and/or sewerage charges under the Water Industry Act 1991 is not affected by these terms and conditions.
De-activate the Online Service
- To cancel your registration and use of the Online Service, please call us on 03457 919155. Lines are open from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 1pm on Saturday.
- Your online account will be cancelled within five working days of your request. However, you will remain responsible for payment in full of any bills for which notification has been sent to you on or before the date on which your registration and use of the Online Service has been cancelled.
Unused and Duplicate Accounts
- Anglian Water has got the right to cancel or delete your account if you have:
- Set up more than one account for the same supply
- Given us an invalid email address
- Not used your account for 12 months
If we can, we will email you to tell you we are discontinuing your account for the Online Service. Your supply will not be affected and we will keep sending you paper bills.
You can set up a new account for the Online Service at any time.
21stOctober 2017 Version 1